Sunday, March 14, 2010

First Trip to the Snow!!

This past weekend, we took the girls to the snow for the first time! I can't believe it has taken this long! Part of the hang up was that Steve and I disagreed (respectfully, of course) on our accommodations!
I wanted to stay here.
This is our family cabin. I wanted the girls to have the same traditions as I did growing up staying here. Steve said that it would be too covered in snow and too difficult to stay there.

I don't say this often so read this carefully...
HE WAS RIGHT!!!
He was right, he was right, he was right!
(I'm sure he's getting a kick out of reading this right now!)
So instead... we stayed here!
Biggest darn hotel suite I have ever seen! This is what you call compromise!
I got my weekend in the snow. He got a bellman and room service!

Our first excursion... sledding!!!
The girls are not old enough to ride alone so each one had to ride with us. We all loved it. The girls got so daring on the back of these innertubes. We went both days to the same snow play area.

Mommy and Charlie on one of our first runs!



Charlie getting very adventurous!!!
Can you believe she rode down on Steve's back? Ryan did this several times before Charlie got the nerve! So proud of my brave girlies.


Snow bunnies!




Family shot!
We ran into a dad that is from Ryan's softball team. I guess we weren't the only ones playing hookie!

Mommy and Ryan ready to sit the slopes!


Not a bad way to travel up hill with 2 kids and 2 innertubes!
Worth every penny!



Later...
We drove back over to the Kudron Cabin to enjoy a little fun in the snow.



We posed by the "Kudron's on the Rocks" sign! Look, the snow is almost to the roof!

#1 on the girls' list of things to do in the snow:
The much anticipated. Much talked about. Much enjoyed... Snow Angels!!


The #2 on the list of things to do in the snow:
Make a snowman!

(For the record, 6 & 4 years olds are not much help in making snowmen until they get to put the face on! Mommy and Daddy had to do all the hard labor! Thank goodness for that handy shovel my husband "happens" to keep in the car!)



Ryan remembers the cabin from the summer... she was so excited to be back!

That's my Mountain Man! Uh huh, ya... those are Sorels he's wearing! Uh huh, ya... that's my hunky, shovels in the snow, wearing snow boots kinda man!

A weekend of Firsts: First time bowling!
Rock and Roll Style!


Daddy is feelin' just a little bit threatened by his competion!

No, Charlie is not his competion, silly!
Ya, uh huh... that one unit bowling class at SDSU really paid off!

Ryan loved it!

Charlie got bored!
(But easily found her groove dancing to the music!)


Dinner at Nottingham's. A restaurant we have never tried before!


Note to parents: Never leave home without your handy-dandy Leapster games!


A very happy family trip!

Anyone want to join us for a trip next winter?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace Family: The pictures were awesome! Dad & I loved every picture and every word you wrote. Wish we were there with you to enjoy watching your fun. I guess we need to find our snow gear and boots. Looks like grandpa has a lot of snow digging to do.
Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Great family pics..Way to go Steven, never thought I would see you going down a hill in a intertube...how about the snow at your parents? hugs, aunt ginny