Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day of Practice!

Soccer season has begun!!! I have been waiting for Ryan's whole life for her to be ready to play soccer so that I could coach her! The moment is finally here! My dad always coached me in soccer throughout my youth and I wanted to be able to do the same for the girls! Ryan is playing in the GU6 (Girls Under 6) Division. Nowadays, AYSO plays a short-sided game (5 on 5) for the little ones so I only have 7 girls on my team! We got the best color uniforms... pink and black! So cool! The girls picked the name "PINK & BLACK ATTACK!"


Coach Mommy (as Ryan calls me) talking to the parents, getting ready for practice to begin!
I wore pink and black on this first practice day so that the players and parents could find me on the very crowded fields!

Stretching and playing the "name game" so that all the girls could learn each other's names.


"Coach Lori" teaching the girls how to dribble.


Little Miss Ryan is exhausted after her first practice! So fun!
If you'd like to come watch a game, check out our schedule at
http://www.ayso159.org/schedules.aspx

"2,4,6,8... soccer season is super great!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori - Brings back nice memories. DAD

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan we will be checking out the schedule..Love your team name..hugs, aunt ginny

Anonymous said...

Wow ... you girls have been awfully busy! Looks like lots of summer fun :)
Can't wait to see Ryan and Coach Lori in action! XO
Aunt Casey