Monday, April 20, 2009

My Beach Babes

Last week during Spring Break, the girls and I spent some time at the beach. Just lying there relaxing and watchin' my babes, I just kept saying how grateful we are to live so close to the beach. 2-3 hours at the beach and then a hop-skip-and a jump home is the way to go! On this particular day, we stationed ourselves across from Naples on the bay near "Horny Corner" (I know... not a very appropriate name! I think that is a college thing... I hope!!) It's nice because I can park just a stone's throw away to get the stuff in and out of the car and the kids had other kids to play with because all the Long Beach kids had Spring Break that week as well.
~~~~



Well, I thought they would have other kids to play with! Look at the deserted beach in this picture of Ryan! There was no one there! Maybe it was too early for most mommies... we arrived at 9:00! The girls didn't seem to mind and neither did I! They would run up and down the beach over and over again and I wasn't nervous about losing them in the crowd! Charlie didn't waste any time getting in the water and Ryan loves to dig.


Charlie is getting ready for her morning snack!

And then right back in the water!

Ryan is more of a "sand girl" I'd say! She likes to build things!

Just the first of many days at the beach! I am so glad the weather is starting to get nice again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey look at this I got here first guess casey and sandy have work on the mind.....love the pics..reminds me when we used to take steven and jeffrey there as little boys when gigi was working and then went with our boys...great fun...xo aunt ginny

Anonymous said...

Yes Ginny you Casey are always first in my book! I love the beach too and have many fond memories of our annual beach house vacations. We have alot of stories to tell about Lori.

Lori, Love the pictures. Can't believe the water was warm enough for Charlie. It looked burr cold. What a delightful day! Love MOM

Anonymous said...

What a fun day ... each of the girls looks so happy with her own activity! Give me a heads up and I'll meet you next time (maybe just a little later than 9AM)!
Xo
Aunt Casey
p.s. sandy, look forward to some of those "lori stories" :)