Friday, April 24, 2009

Beating the Heat

Last weekend was scorching hot! My fantastic husband had been watching the weather all week to plan ahead for the great weekend! He heated the pool Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to bring it out of it's long winter hibernation so that we could enjoy the summer like weather laughin' and splashin'!!


When I asked Charlie to smile, she didn't comply. Instead, she busted out with these pop lyrics...
"Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur..."
(You gotta know the song to truly get a chuckle!)
Click this link to hear the song and picture Charlie doing "her thang"...
Click Here


She finally smiled for me!


Ryan the rule follower was certainly ready for her turn to pose!


Charlie had an ear infection so she wasn't allowed to submerge her head. Here she is holding onto mommy's legs because she was getting pretty bored of not being able to swim like Ryan.


Just loungin'


Ryan made herself a cozy spot for lunch.


Charlie found herself a cozy place to not get her ears wet but still travel around the pool.


The next day we decided to get out and wash all of the dishes from the playhouse and kitchen! Nothing like a little housework while you swim! Gotta teach 'em some chores early! LOL!


Charlie got a time out. She is not liking it so much.


Ryan's new signature smile.


All of the clean dishes drying in the sun! Whewww...we worked hard!


Whoops... I think we might be missing something here Charlie!

(I had told the girls it was time to get out, take off their suits, wrap up in towels, and head inside. I think Charlie only heard the "take off your suits" part because she did that quickly and proudly and headed right back in the water with that sneaky little laugh of hers! Oh boy are we in for it with that one! Gotta love her!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steven so much for waiting to turn the heater on, you beat us...love the pic...and lori every family has one!!!!xoxoaunt ginny

Anonymous said...

OMG, we are LOL, has to be the best post ever ... Charlie may be the next popular rapper; but we always need those who follow the rules Xo Ry!
Aunt Casey and Uncle Bubba
p.s. Wow, good lookin' arms there, lmg ... pass along the exercises:) Xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks Casey! You always make me feel so great about my bod! I think I'll come hang out at your house when I have those moments of feelin' blue about it! xoxo, lmg

lmg said...

Oops, I had some grammar/spelling errors in this post! I hope I just fixed them... how embarrassing for the teacher in me! I blame it on the Topamax (I blame everything on the Topomax though... LOL)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori: What great pictures of a really fun day. Love your new dishwasher and who was the photographer? Love MOM
PS: I need some pool time too at your house this summer.