Thursday, August 03, 2006

science center











On Monday, the girls and I went to the Bowers Science Museum for a day of fun and learning. Our neighbors Kristina, Kendall, and Kyle joined us for the day. Ryan called it the science center instead and kept saying it the night before. "Tomorrow we go to the Science Center mommy? I get good sleep." My camera's battery died about 15 minutes into the day so I only got a few pictures. In one of the pictures you'll see the troughs with mud inside. This is a hands on science center of course, so the kids are supposed to put their hands in and build a dam. Do you think Ryan did that? Well, if you know our daughter well... you'll know the answer to that question is no! She didn't want to get her hands dirty. She just watched Kendall and stayed a good foot away. This also meant that she wouldn't help dig for fossils or eat a breadstick with her lunch (because it had salt/garlic powder on the outside of it) ! She is sooo much like her dad it eerie sometimes.

P.S. Sorry it's been so long since I've written a post but I promise... this weekend we should get some great photo ops so check back early next week.
P.S.S We also went to Aunt Ginny's last weekend to swim and took pics with Steve's camera phone (I forgot mine) but I couldn't figure out how to get them on the blog. We had fun though Ginny, thanks for having us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FInally, some pictures.. Ryan I love your pony.We had fun with yu at our house too.. can't wait for the next swin day.. See you on Sat. XOXOX's

Jenn said...

I knew Ryan liked to be clean, but I didn't know she would refuse to get her hands dirty. Too funny! Kindergarten is going to be a challenge!

Jenn said...

PS - I can't wait to see pictures of Charlie's baptism. I'm sorry we're going to miss it! Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Ryan is sooo bright ... she will get her "hands dirty" when she is good and ready! Cautious can be a good thing :) xoxoxo