Monday, September 24, 2012

Steve Turns the Big 4-0

So, it's true... Steve does NOT like his birthday.  He made me insist on not planning anything to celebrate.  Well, I almost listened to him, almost!  We attended a dinner party with seven of our closest friends from school and we were able to pull off a little birthday surprise for the birthday boy~
 
 
Right before the mini surprise...
Love my birthday boy!
 
 
The embarrassed Steve as the cake was brought out!
 
 
I have NEVER seen such a red face on Steve before.  And... I don't think it was just the glow of the candles!!
 
 
Still surprised and embarrassed!  Oops.
 
 
More red face.  Double oops.
 
 
"Happy Birthday dear Ste-ve... Happy Birthday to you."

 
A speech and a tequila shot!
Some things never change...
(I was referring to giving speeches if you were wondering... LOL)


 
40 candles are a lot of candles!!
 
 
Love you birthday boy!


Thank you to a group of great friends for helping me surprise Steve!

 
HAPPY 4-0 Steve-O!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you could surprise him ... he so deserves to be "Man of the Hour"
Happy B-day Steven!
xo
Aunt Casey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Steven! Jack & I called you on your birthday & since you did'nt answer the phone (and now I know why?) we sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you anyway on the phone! Yes, I know it was ugly and out of tune, hope you had a great laugh! xoxo Jack & Sandy
PS:Don't feel OLD, 40 is pretty young in my book!

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! xoxoxoxox love you