Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Is it March yet?"

Oh my goodness, this day has been a long time coming!
Ever since September, Charlie has been asking me when it will be her turn for "Star of the Week." I didn't have the heart to tell her at first that I could have signed her up for her birthday week in October but chose to pick a date on the sign up sheet in March. Why, you ask? Well, her teacher said that although most parents choose a week around their child's birthday, Charlie's birthday is so early and the kiddos in pre-K are so little at that time in the year that the Kinder Star book is more scribbles than pictures at that point. So, in thinking about Charlie's personal book, I wanted her friends to actually draw her pictures... so I decided to wait until March. Well, as soon as March 1st came around... Charlie kept saying, "Yea, it's March. Now I'm Star of the Week." I had to explain to her that March was a month, not a week, and that she was only going to get one of the weeks in March. Whoosh, that went right over her head.
"Is it March now? Is it March now? Is it March now?" went on for what seemed like forever!
March was a silly decision too though... seriously, why would I choose the week after Ryan's birthday and the same week that my work gives out "pink slips" to those getting laid off! Two crazy, crazy times of the year! Oh well, we fit it all in and Char-Char could not have been more excited! And boy, if I had to hear, "Is it March yet?" one more time, I might have lost it...LOL!
F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.







The best part was watching Charlie get interviewed by her teacher (well, student teacher in this case). What a pro!
HAPPY STAR OF WEEK BUG! YOU DID GREAT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Charlie ... you are our
shining star!
xoxo
Aunt Casey
p.s. hope you taped that interview, would love to hear it :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Casey... definitely taped it! Too cute that Chuckie!
xoxo, lmg

Anonymous said...

What an amazing site you have. Your girls are so lucky to have a very talented and creative mommy. Way to go Charlie the shining star and Ryan is now seven. They grow so fast.
Terry

Anonymous said...

Way to go Charlie....What did the tooth fairy bring...Loved the pic. you sent to me on my phone.
xo, aunt ginny

Anonymous said...

Dear Charlie,
The children in your class must really love you because the pictures they drew of you were absolutely fabulous! You are so lucky to have so many friends. Love, Nona