Monday, September 06, 2010

Back-to-School Shopping

I can remember shopping for school clothes when I was little... it was always one of my most favorite days! This is the first year where I truly let the girls pick out their own clothes with only minor persuasion from mom! It was really hard on me!
Fashion Island was our mall of choice this year for our big day! We started off at Bloomie's and the girls had more fun in front of the mirrors and with the mannequins than with picking out clothes! It was fun but I had to eventually get these kiddos focused!


Dance party!

New best friends.




We got a load of clothes at Bloomie's and then off to the other parts of the mall. The hardest part was actually having to go to the dressing room and try on clothes! We have finally gotten to the point where they have to try on EVERYTHING! Whoa....

After lots of shopping we stopped to enjoy the fountain...

...And then at the half way mark, we stopped for lunch at the Yard House! And no, that is not water mommy is drinking! What a long day with 2 little fashionistas! Mommy deserved a little break! LOL


After lunch, we start shoe shopping!

Charlie's favorite part was running around in the store to see how fast she is in her new shoes

Charlie fell asleep on the way home but Ryan was wide awake and wanted to do a fashion show for daddy! Here are her favorite outfits.
#1
#2
#3

#4


#5


Our big first grader ready to rock n' roll! I wish Charlie would have been awake so she could have showed off her outfits too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
I am having a really hard time deciding which is my favorite outfit ... each one is so stylish, and you look great in all :)
We love you so much and are so proud of you, you are such a sweet girl.
Have a great year in First Grade!!!
xo
Aunt Casey

Katie said...

Look at those boots! Do they come in my size?!

Love you Ry!

lmg said...

Boy oh boy, you Houghtons are QUICK!!! Whoa... I think this post was only up 10 minutes before you posted! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! is all I can say you are looking way to grown up..Love all the outfits. Katie if you find the boots buy two..But,think I know where Im going next week....Ryan, have a great year..hugs,aunt ginny
p.s.those legs go on forever...xo

SJK said...

Some good look'in babes posted here & some fancy new outfits. Ryan, my favorite was 5,2,3,4&1. Congrat's on 1st Grade. Work hard and do your best! Hugs.

SoSoBella said...

love the outfits. the blue/red stripe is so cute! we now try everything on. no more just shopping and bringing it home. fun isn't it!