Thursday, July 09, 2009

God Bless America

The 4th of July was a huge success! Thank you everyone for celebrating with us here in Seal Beach. I don't know if I made myself clear enough at the party, but 4th of July is my favorite holiday! Don't ask me how that I began but I believe it had something to do with SDSU and alcohol being allowed on the beach! Go figure! Anyway, this year was fantastic!
So many pictures captured the fun of the day. Follow this exciting play-by-play of the days events:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Smiths were the first to arrive and the girls quickly found their way to the play room.





Shortly after, the "troops" fell in! Look at the American Blue!

Patrick and Melina, we are so glad that you guys could make it! You added an extra special element to the party that we would have never known about without you (see "Flip Cup" photos below... LOL) ! Marzie, what a fantastic appetizer! Thank you!


Awwwww...

Ryan and Carsie go for a swim!

Ryan showing off her loose tooth! Still hasn't come out (5 days later)! Hmmm? Can anyone help me out on how long that will take?

Uncle Bubba took Charlie for a ride because she couldn't get her ear wet. Oh those ear infections, always bad timing!

Mother and Daughter? Or are they sisters? Sure looks like it to me!

Grandpa and Ginny "breakin' it down!" She's revealing her famous potato salad recipe. Dad, I hope you wrote it down!!!

Our little "Fly Girl"... Do you think she was able to keep that ear dry here? Hmmm, daddy might have gotten in a little trouble.

Paint projects compliments of the Smith Family. Thank you! Thank you!

The other halves "breakin' it down"

We even hired a band...

...And a topless little man as entertainment! So cute Cam!

Kudron Love

Very patriotic picture of Marzie and Nona!

Awwwww... dessert! Yummy! I was eating brownies too for three days after! Thanks a lot Cas!

Cr-azy Eye Ryan enjoyed dessert "just a little!"

My favorite part of the day!
"Flip Cup"
We are NOT opposed to college drinking games at our parties! This game was a first for me but it definitely won't be the last! I'm hooked! However, Patrick made me take the tablecloth off for better balance of the cups... that was hard for the party planner in me! But I got over it REAL fast with just one round of this game! Whoa, so much fun!

Awe Man, that team always won! Darn it!

OO, I think we got our one token win this time! We brought on Mike as the "professional" and Katie was an incredible lead! I think I was the weak link! Don't worry, I will work on it for next time!

Yes Patrick, we know... you are #1! You just wait mister, I'm gonna practice!

Katie leads us off...

Patrick beginning the game! Hey, look who's gonna bring it home for this team!! Whoa, is that Steve Grace going for the drinking game???? Nah, it can't be. It is!

Proof in the pudding! That's MY man!

Game over. Back to regular ole adult fun!


The Buckaroo Club Meeting
(Check out Charlie's various poses in the next three pictures. What am I gonna do with that one?)



Fireworks at the Navy Base from our balcony

Trying to get some fun family shots.

Here is a good shot of the Kudrons. Too bad we couldn't get Cameron to turn his head.

The Graces... Charlie didn't like the noise. It scared her. And what's with the green ribbon? Where did she get that? I don't remember that at all.

Daddy and Ryan enjoy the fireworks show together. We LOVE that daddy didn't have to work on this particular 4th of July, it made it extra special for the girls and me.

Charlie spent parts of the show inside on Grandpa's lap. She is still not too sure about those loud fireworks.

Nona and Mike... great picture! Mike usually makes funny faces during pictures just to make my mom mad. She'll be happy for this one.

Lori and Nancy enjoying the show and watching the kids go crazy on the balcony! Such a fun new experience for them.

Marzie loved hanging out with the girls and the girls LOVED Marzie just as much!

Nona helped the girls to sing American songs during the show. They loved it!

Oh wow... what a great day!
Again, thanks for coming out to spend it with us! I can't think of a better day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The day was GREAT because of our Host and Hostess .... nothing better than a fun-filled day with family :)
KUDDOS to LORI & STEVE for a memorable 4th ... we love you!
Xo
Aunt Casey and Uncle Bubba

Katie said...

What fun pictures!

Fabulous day, Lori & Steve! XO

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures..still laughing about charlie's pictures...we had a great time...hugs, aunt ginny

Anonymous said...

Lori,
What a great day. So much food and so much fun was had by everyone. Great Party! Thank you! Love, Mom