Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love, Love, Love is in the Air

On Saturday, February 14th Ryan had her birthday party celebration with her friends. It was her first drop-off party. 16 of Ryan's closest 3,4, and 5 year old friends spent two hours with us... oh my goodness, am I crazy or what? No really, it was a lot of fun. All of the girls were very well behaved. My teacher skills came in handy and not to mention the "staff" I had on hand to keep the craft stations moving! It was well organized if I do say so myself (visualize me patting myself on my back... heehee). The theme of course was Valentine's. Take a stroll through the pictures to get the play-by-play...

Everyone was to wear red and pink to the party.
(Steve included! But seriously, have you ever met a guy that looks better in pink than he does?)
~~~~~~
DECORATIONS AND SET UP
The gift bags and invitation


The grown up table
(in case any of the parents decided to stay... 2 did stay and enjoy the yummy appetizers)


The sign in table (above)... A little teacher-esque maybe but I wanted all the parents to leave a phone number to where I could reach them over the next 2 hours in case their was an emergency.
The craft supplies (below)... were all pre-divided into little cupcake holders because the crafts were done on a rotation and I didn't want the last kids at a craft to not get the "good" materials.



The heart-shaped sandwiches that I made on pink bread! All about the theme in the Grace house!

Ryan's heart-shaped cupcake pull-apart cake. So easy to serve. It was perfect.
~~~~~~~
PARTY OUTFITS


Ryan with her special heart birthday crown.


Ryan and Charlie in their matching red and pink outfits. They also both wore big roses on their outfits. Totally Ryan's idea. She is turning into quite the themed party planner!


Little Char-Char



Our almost 5 year old Ryan Corinne. Can you believe it?

~~~~~~
CRAFT TIME
Ryan is making a placemat to eat her lunch on.

Charlie and Amy are making Valentine's for their mommies and daddies.


Ryan and Kendall are being silly.


Carson is working with some of Ryan's preschool friends on their placemats.



Babysitter Aubrey is making necklaces with a group of girls.

Babysitter Tara is decorating mailboxes with another group of girls.


Love Bug Birthday Girl!


Lunch of all pink and red food was served. We also decorated cookies, read a valentine's story, had a dance party, and ate cupcakes but no pictures of those events. The video though is priceless. Ryan will love to watch when she is older.

Happy Birthday Ry Ry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you opening up "Parties By Lori"? You really should go professional!! luv, tl

Anonymous said...

I agree wow you do such a wonderful job at this Lori...what a fun party Ryan...hugs aunt ginny

Anonymous said...

WOW!
And I LOVE Ryan's red boots:)
Aunt Casey