Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Very "Buggy" Night

Tonight was Ryan's Open House at her preschool. Ryan's room was unbelievable! Even being a teacher who has had and been to many, many Open Houses, I was floored. Her teachers have been working so hard with the kids for the past couple of months in preparation for tonight's Open House. It truly shows too... Ryan comes home all the time to tell me more about what she has learned. Room 1 (Ryan's classroom) has been studying bugs. There were bugs everywhere. I couldn't believe all the craft projects they had made and were displayed for us to see. They had every picture book about bugs that you could imagine including my favorites The Hungry Caterpillar and 100 Hungry Ants. And in addition to the bugs, they have been studying the habitats of bugs. They each grew their own and grass and their own plant. There was even a life size picnic scene with ants and two huge beehives with bee facts. They had a bowl full of real silkworms that they watched live in their habitat too. I am more and more impressed with Ryan's school each time I visit. I could go on and on but I'll stop "buggin" (LOL). I'm sure "teacher talk" is a little boring. But boring or not, all this blabbing I'm doing about Ryan's school just shows how thankful we are that Ryan has gotten this opportunity. We feel very lucky to have her there and tonight's experience confirms that for us even more. Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures (my new rechargeable batteries were charged, go figure!) but here are the few I captured.

See the cut outs of kids behind Ryan? Each child had their own and had dictated what kind of bug they would be and what they would do. Ryan said she would be a pink ladybug and fly to Cousin Katie's house to play.

See the flowers behind Ryan? Each child planted their own grass and have been watering it, keeping it in the sunlight, and watching it grow.

Can you find all the cute bug crafts in this picture? The grasshopper? The snail? The ladybug?


And more craft projects on the tree in this picture? The dragonflies? The butterflies? The beehive?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ryan on all your projects. You are a Super Star, and our little "Love Bug" xoxo

Anonymous said...

How fun Ryan love looking at all the fun things you have been doing.I would pick the ladybug too.