Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Corn Feast

Today Ryan had her big "Corn Feast" at preschool. To set the scene, all the children have been learning Thanksgiving songs all month, making crafts, and preparing for this big day. All the parents show up with their camcorders and cameras and "oo" and "ah" as the children parade around in their costumes, sing songs, and then indulge into the corn feast. The actually corn feast was explained to the parents in a flyer last week as " the children will try different food made from corn." So, I figured they would have things like cornbread, creamed corn, corn tortillas, etc. I was very impressed that they were going to get all of these toddlers to eat all of these "new" foods (because I for one know that MY toddler doesn't like to try new foods). Well, I assumed wrong... the "corn feast" was actually a cute bag filled with corn snacks: popcorn, corn chips, corn pops, candy corn, corn chex, etc. Very CREATIVE I thought. Now I understand how they were going to get all those toddlers to eat "corn" food. Well done Teddy Bear School! Here are some pics from the event...


Charlie got in on the fun too. I could only hold her back for so long! (p.s. Erin, check out Charlie's outfit! It looks so darn cute on her. I wish I had gotten a better pic of it!)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun Ryan, isn't school the best look at all the fun things you get to do and learn. I will never forget those days with the boys. hugs and kisses

Anonymous said...

So happy to be back on the blog and checking out my favorite little girls activities! Looks like the parade was tons of fun:) xoxo

Anonymous said...

O.K. ready for another fix here.